Windham Professional Centre
965 Windham Court, Suite 4
Boardman, Ohio 44512
Tel: (330) 965-9190
Fax: 1-(330) 232-9930
About Attorney G. Thomas Rodfong
Attorney Rodfong has been practicing law for over 30 years, having been admitted to the Ohio Bar in 1988. He received his Bachelor's degree from Kent State University and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Akron School of Law.
Attorney Rodfong founded Rodfong Law Offices, an Elder Law firm dedicated to serving the legal and financial needs of the elderly needing long-term care. His law practice focuses in the areas of Elder Law, Medicaid and Long-Term Care Planning.
Attorney Rodfong is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Ohio State Bar Association and the Columbiana County Bar Association. He is also an Accredited Attorney for the presentation of Veterans benefits claims before the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
If you have a loved one in a nursing home the challenge quickly becomes how to pay for the nursing home care without going broke. With proper planning and the right legal strategies, it is possible to qualify for financial assistance to pay the nursing home without losing your home and life savings. These are very important goals. It is our fundamental belief that you are most likely to accomplish your goals by following a carefully thought out “plan" of action. Our unique planning process was specifically designed to develop and implement customized Asset Protection Plans for our clients, utilizing proven asset protection strategies with a track record of success. The steps in our planning process include:
- Initial Meeting: An initial meeting to obtain basic background information, identify client's needs, and establish client's goals.
- Case Workup: We collect detailed financial information to establish an in-depth understanding of client's unique needs. We then complete a comprehensive case analysis to identify the planning strategies that are available to achieve client's goals.
- Strategy Meeting: A strategy meeting to review and explain the planning strategies that are available and to present our planning recommendations.
- Document Preparation: We prepare a customized Asset Protection Plan detailing the specific “actions” that must be taken to fully implement the plan strategies. We will also prepare any required legal documents, such as wills, trusts, powers of attorney, healthcare directives, living wills, etc….
- Delivery Meeting: A delivery meeting to review, finalize and deliver the Asset Protection Plan and to review and sign any legal documents that were prepared.
- Plan Implementation: We closely monitor client's implementation of the plan strategies to insure and verify the completion of all required “actions.”
- Medicaid Application: Upon client becoming Medicaid eligible, we will prepare and file the Medicaid application and handle all correspondence with the Medicaid agency.
Legal Services Provided
Long-Term Care Planning:
- Nursing Home Crisis Planning
- Asset Protection Planning
- Enhanced Powers of Attorney