Windham Professional Centre
965 Windham Court, Suite 4
Boardman, Ohio 44512
Tel: (330) 965-9190
Fax: 1-(330) 232-9930
About Attorney G. Thomas Rodfong
Attorney Rodfong has been practicing law for over 27 years, having been admitted to the Ohio Bar in 1988. He received his Bachelor's degree from Kent State University and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Akron School of Law.
Attorney Rodfong founded Rodfong Law Offices, an Elder Law firm dedicated to serving the legal and financial needs of the elderly needing long-term care. His law practice focuses in the areas of Elder Law, Medicaid and Long-Term Care Planning.
Attorney Rodfong is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Ohio State Bar Association and the Columbiana County Bar Association. He is also an Accredited Attorney for the presentation of Veterans benefits claims before the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
"We give you and your loved ones peace of mind"
If you have a loved one in a nursing home the challenge quickly becomes how to pay for the nursing home care without going broke. With proper planning and the right legal strategies, it is possible to qualify for financial assistance to pay the nursing home without losing your home and life savings. These are very important goals. It is our fundamental belief that you are most likely to accomplish your goals by following a carefully thought out “plan.” Our unique planning process was specifically designed to develop and implement customized Asset Protection Plans for our clients, utilizing proven asset protection strategies with a track record of success. The steps in our planning process include:
- Initial Meeting – Meeting to establish goals, evaluate your case, review our planning process and explain our fees
- Case Workup – We collect information relating to your financial affairs to establish an in-depth understanding of your unique needs. We then identify and examine the planning options and legal strategies that are available. Then we study and analyze all the information and develop recommendations designed to achieve your goals.
- Strategy Meeting - Meeting to explain the planning options and legal strategies that are available and to present our recommendations to you for review and approval. We will also offer our advice and guidance to assist you with critical decision making.
- Document Preparation – We will prepare a customized Asset Protection Plan to document all “actions” to be undertaken. We will also prepare any necessary legal documents, such as wills, financial powers of attorney, healthcare powers of attorney, living wills, etc….
- Delivery Meeting – Meeting to review and finalize the Asset Protection Plan and to sign any legal documents that were prepared.
- Implementation – We will assist you in the implementation of the Asset Protection Plan to insure and verify the completion of all “actions” recommended in the Plan.
- Medicaid Application – We will apply for Medicaid benefits to cover the cost of your nursing home expenses as soon as eligibility is attained.
Legal Services Provided
Long-Term Care Planning:
- Nursing Home Crisis Planning
- Asset Protection Planning
- Veterans Benefits Planning